Thursday, March 6, 2008

Copyright & Trademark Lecture

If you've read my opening page, you know I describe myself as a "recovering attorney." As in the wisdom expressed in The Godfather says, "just when I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in." The California Lawyers for the Arts called yesterday and asked me to give a talk on "Copyright and Trademark Basics for Visual Artists," something I could probably do in my sleep since I've done so many of them. I went off to law school to help other creators. It turned out to be a lousy way to make a living (most artists can't really afford to actually pay a lawyer), but I do really like to educate creators to help themselves. This was an easy yes (once I decided I could devote 2 hours of vacation time to it), since I don't have to take on any clients from it.

This free brown-bag lunch event is at Continental Art Supplies, 7041 Reseda Boulevard, Reseda, California on March 17, 2008. On-site registration is at 11:15 a.m. and the talk is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call California Lawyers for the Arts at 310-998-5590 or e-mail them at UserCLA@aol.com. Space is limited to 25 people.

See you there, I hope.

No comments: