Friday, January 9, 2009

Catching Up

A Happy New Year to everyone. I've been out with the cold from hell. I've lost a week of riding and three days of work and five days of vacation time to it. Yuck.

Looming ahead is a five-day trip to San Francisco, starting next Thursday. We're staying at the Fairmont on Nob Hill. I hear it is really nice. I just wish the San Andreas fault wasn't grumbling away down here. When I step out in San Francisco, I always wonder "is today the day?" But I don't let that stop me from visiting my favorite city in the U.S.

My friend Lisa Klink is in Las Vegas competing in the Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions. The shows won't run until March and I'm sorry we couldn't accept her invitation to watch the shows being filmed. The first day of shooting was yesterday and the finals are tomorrow. If we had gone, we'd know the results. Now, we've got to wait until March to find out what happens. No fair asking because she's under a gag order until then.

Len and I actually missed an episode of Jeopardy! this week when the TiVo hiccupped. I don't think we've missed one in years. It is our mutual addiction. I spent one of my three days home from work re-reading Bob Harris' book, Prisoner of Trebekkestan. I recommend it. It's the story of his experiences on Jeopardy!, but a lot more. Bob attended Case Western Reserve University, where I went to law school, but was there at a different time than I. We met him through What's My Line? Live on Stage when he and Len were panelist together one night and it was an instant bond. He travels a lot and writes a terrific blog, which you can link to from the list on the right.

No comments: