Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction

While I was engrossed in the intensive four-day D-65 Workshop this weekend, my husband was off to Phoenix to be a guest of honor at a relatively new comicbook convention. The Arizona Republic did a nice interview with him which can be read at http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/0125wein0125.html.

I met Len when I flew out to California to photograph Harlan Ellison back in 1989. Like many relationship beginnings (I know this from watching "Stranger Than Fiction" last week), there was some friction at the beginning (due to something Harlan Ellison said at his usual stage whisper), but it is hard to resist someone with a great sense of humor. As Jessica Rabbit said when asked what she saw in Roger, "he makes me laugh."

I want to recommend "Stranger Than Fiction." I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell, but he's terrific in this film with the always wonderful Emma Thompson. When Seth Resnick and Jamie Spritzer of D-65 described their first meeting and dislike at first sight, I kept thinking that they needed to see "Stranger Than Fiction." So if either Jamie or Seth, who are now married, happen to be reading this, do go see the movie. You will definitely get it.

No comments: