Monday, March 24, 2008

Well Earned Recognition

We received word over the weekend that my husband, Len Wein, has been nominated for a 2008 Eisner Hall of Fame Award. It is a life-time achievement recognition which has him asking "is my career over?," but he's chuffed to be asked to the dance in such great company. Needless to say, I'm plenty proud.

Information about the award and the list of nominees can be read here and here. The voting is being conducted entirely on line and voting ends on April 18. If you are a professional in the comic book field, you can vote here. Unless my foray as his co-writer of Classic Comic's adaptation of "The Autobiography of Stephen Douglass" counts (my name is spelled wrong in the credits), I'm not eligible to vote.

This week marks the 40th Anniversary of Len's professional status as a writer. That's what happens when you make up your mind about what you want to do with your life at the age of 8 and you stick to your goal, I guess. Len will be the Comic Book Guest of Honor at MidSouthCon 26 in Memphis later this week (March 28-30). Drop by if you happen to be in the neighborhood.

No comments: