Thursday, June 21, 2007

Evan Almighty Promo?

Yesterday I waxed nostalgic about reading on the porch when it rained in the summer.

Today the news is all about the horrendous rain which fell less than 30 miles from my home town: 5-6" within a 4 square mile area within a very short time. Six people are missing, one body has been found, houses and cars were swept away, and the road is out in places because of an 8' wall of water rushing through.

When I hear the name "Cat Hollow," which my father told me was named for bob cats found in the area, I've got a pretty good idea of what the little streams in that part of the Catskills look like. That's not what the photographs show: swollen rivers and mud, mud, mud.

I don't remember flooding like this when I was a kid growing up, but this year and last year have been devastating to the county in which I was raised.

No comments: