Thursday, May 29, 2008

The People I've Met

The Los Angeles Times ran an article about my friend Anthony De Longis and his work on the new Indiana Jones movie the other day. He trained Harrison Ford to use his bullwhip. Tony taught me to sword fight but said I was too tense to use a bullwhip. I'd still like to learn. I wrote about Tony a few weeks ago when he performed at the Hollywood Charity Horse Show.

Tony also choreographed the fight scenes and trained the actors for the wonderful film Secondhand Lions. If you haven't seen it, call Netflix, buy some popcorn and settle in for two hours with Robert Duval and Michael Caine.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I absolutely loved the movie Secondhand Lions and have seen it more than once. Go for the bullwhip lessons, you'll loosen up and get it eventually. It's a once in a lifetime chance to work with a great guy again, and it can't be harder than learning to sword fight right?

M. C. Valada said...

I think Tony is afraid I'll put out my eye first. I'm a lot more relaxed than I was 10 years ago when I was in full-time legal practice and took out my aggression on Tony in class. Bullwhip probably requires a little more finesse than sword--particularly broadsword.